Friday, 21 May 2010

Piggy Pocket

Well I have a big piggy called Dumbledore and he came with a piggy pouch, which was far too small for him and his friend Neville, and there was a few times one or both needed a hand getting out


Photobucket
Dumbledore on left and Neville on right they are Swiss

Photobucket
Dumbledore and Neville on there vet bed in there hutch

well I deiced to make them a bigger pocket and I wanted to recycle as much as I could, so the fleece is from a large blanket (so loads more fabric to make more things) the inside fabric is from my stash and is a upholstery fabric, and the boning I got new, as I wanted to open the doorway as I noticed with there last one they had to keep flicking there head under the fabric to get it open, but still be flexable if/when a fat piggy deiced that it was a good place to sleep on top of. The flower type decoration I used as I thought it was simple but safe for piggys and I had seen others using it on MSE and liked it.

so here it is
measurements
width 12''
height of doorway 6''
length 14''
this is for Dumbledore and Neville to fit in at the same time

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dumbledore

Photobucket
spotted pocket

Photobucket
wow I'm in its so easy and roomy. 

2 comments:

  1. He looks so much more cosier in his new bag, clever you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'm almost crying that is so cute and lovely! really well done on the make and the boning idea.

    my guinea died a few years ago but i now feel such guilt because Eric liked to try to get up my sleeves i'm sure he would have loved one.

    ReplyDelete